Background and Reference Checking Services
Applicants provide potential employers with a great deal of information on their background, experience, education, and skills. But how, as the potential employer, do you ensure the accuracy of this information? Statistics show that between 25% and 30% of the data provided by applicants is misleading, exaggerated, or completely false. Where do you find the time to verify the data?
Through a partnership with nationally renowned Strategic Informational Resources, Inc. (SIR), EANE can offer you the background screening services that you need:
Employment-Based Screening Options:
- Detailed Employment Background Examination: Tired of the “name, rank and serial number” syndrome? EANE’s contacts with area businesses can cut through the tape and get the critical information that others may not get.
- Employment Verification: We will confirm dates of employment, title, and request feedback about your applicant.
- Education Verification: We will confirm degrees, graduation dates, and special academic honors.
- Professional License Verification: Our staff will diligently research the current validity of any licenses or professional credentials stated by your applicant.
- I-9 / US Work Authorization: SIR is a Designated Agent of the Department of Homeland Security and is authorized to verify new hires' legal right to work in the United States.
- Military Service Verification: We can deliver an official copy of an applicant’s military record.
- Social Security Validation: Our service matches the name of your applicant to the social security number given. In addition, we provide previous addresses and any aliases associated with the SS#.
- These options can be packaged for additional cost savings or can be selected on an “a la carte” basis.
Credit Report Check:
- Employment Credit Report: Bureau credit report with EEOC sensitive information removed. If desired, a copy of the report can be mailed to the applicant to help you comply with Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) rules.
Criminal Screening Options:
Concerned about the safety of your employees and the customers or clients that you serve? Together, EANE and Strategic Information Resources have access to an international network of information that can be delivered to you. We can customize a specific-screening criterion that meets your objectives. With a variety of state court systems and state databases nationwide, it is important that you target only the resources that you need in order to obtain the information you need in the most efficient and cost effective way possible.
- Court Records: Utilize SIR’s nationwide retrieval network to gain access to court records anywhere in the US.
- Federal Records: SIR can provide detailed records of federal district court convictions against your applicant. This search is available either by state or nationwide.
- National CrimeNet: This option searches a database of over 300 million criminal records compiled from over 300 different sources. Data sources vary by state but may include state and county court dockets, incarceration records, and traffic violations.
- Sex Offender Registry: We can access detailed information from across the nation.
- State Criminal Offender Record Databases: EANE and SIR are no strangers when it comes to Massachusetts CORI checks or other similar state criminal database checks in other states across the country.
Motor Vehicle/Driving Record History Check:
Irresponsible drivers can inflict tremendous damage on your company. Poor driving decisions by your employees can lead to expensive litigation, and high insurance premiums. We can initiate a search of either personal or commercial license records in all 50 states.
Here is a sampling of the types of information our searches could uncover.
Patriot Act Check:
In an effort to strengthen America against future terrorist attacks, the U.S. Congress passed the Patriot Act in 2001 which prevents businesses from participating in “any transaction or dealing” in the United States with specifically designated entities or people. Penalties include prosecution, and fines up to $65,000.
If your organization or industry has adopted heighten screening standards to guard against Patriot Act violations, then look to our team. These extensive searches include matching an applicant (or employee) to the following organizations' lists of suspected terrorists:
- Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC)
- OSFI - Canada
- United Nations Named Terrorists
- US Bureau of Industry & Security - Denied Person List
- FBI Most Wanted
- Defense Trade Controls (DTC) Debarred Parties
- Foreign Agent Registrations
- Australian Reserve Bank Individuals
- Bank of England Sanctions
- International Police Most Wanted
- Terrorists Inside / Outside of European Union
Background screening is an investment in the most important asset to your organization – your people! Help ensure that you are hiring the right people the first time!!! Call us toll-free for more information: (877) 662-6444