Are You Ready? What Are Others Doing?
EANE has developed a series of discussion sessions to explore methods, tools and decision points related CT Paid Family Leave. The series includes 4 individual sessions which will be led by our staff. This series of roundtables allows companies to collaborate and share their challenges and concerns on key topics related to the upcoming Connecticut Paid Family Leave law.
Because these are designed as meetings intended to allow participants to learn from each other, we’re capping registrations at 18 participants.
Registration is transferable within the organization of the registered participant. This means that your organization may send different attendees to each of the four sessions, or you can use the same seat to send the same participant to all four meetings in the series.
Series Schedule of Topics
|Tuesday Group||Wednesday Group|
|Applying For Exemption|
• The pros and cons of going fully insured vs. staying with the state program
• For companies that are committed to going fully-insured, what communication strategies are being undertaken or developed in anticipation of the required employee vote in order to gain approval of a private plan request
• The processes for managing information between carrier and employer and how carriers are offering to work with employers in managing these leaves
|Tues., May 18 | 8:30 am - 10:00 am||Wed., May 26 | 8:30 am - 10:00 am|
• What are their existing leave of absence, attendance, paid time off and call out policies
• What potential gaps and issues may exist that warrant additions or adjustments of those policies and practices
|Tues., Jun 15 | 8:30 am - 10:00 am||Wed., Jun 23 | 8:30 am - 10:00 am|
|Educating Managers & Supervisors|
• Whether managers and supervisors are evaluating the potential impact of the CT Paid Family and Leave law on their departments
• The role of HR vs. manager’s role in supporting such policies as attendance, call out and leave of absence policies.
• Whether companies are going to restructure the roles in supporting these policies
• What sort of training are you considering of managers and supervisors leading up to the CT Paid Family Leave law.
|Tues., Jul 13 | 8:30 am - 10:00 am||Wed., Jul 21 | 8:30 am - 10:00 am|
|Managing Intermittent Leaves|
• Differences in how they currently track time in their time and attendance systems
• What adjustments may be needed to their systems and policies in light of the CT Paid Family Leave Law’s requirements
• How they are currently communicating and engaging their employees while they are out on intermittent leaves
|Tues., Aug 10 | 8:30 am - 10:00 am||Wed., Aug 18 | 8:30 am - 10:00 am|
$140 per reserved seat
(Registration is transferable within the organization of the registered participant.)