“Coaching is helping another person reach higher levels of effectiveness by creating a dialogue that leads to awareness and action” -The Manager’s Guide to Coaching” by Anne Leohr and Brian Emerson
In this session, managers build coaching skills by learning to ask powerful questions, use active listening and learn how to better coach their employees to be more effective and successful. Coaching is a critical skill for every manager to understand when and how to use.
Change is ever-present! Managers, supervisors and leaders regularly face change and need to understand how to adapt to change to be successful. Great managers know how to lead their employees through change. Successful leaders must have effective practices and methods for helping people adapt to new ways of work.
You will learn when to coach, when to train or when to mentor for optimal success. Leaders will be able to identify causes that create resistance to change and employ techniques to help people overcome their natural resistance to change.
This training leverages the findings of a DiSC® assessment tool which participants complete before the training series begins.
Who Should Attend
Front-line supervisors, managers and professionals in any industry.
- Understand the benefits of coaching for development
- Describe and use the GROW coaching model
- Explain and use the CHANGE model
- Review SHIFT model for resistance
- Develop strategies to lead your team through changes
- Develop an individual action plan to transfer skills on the job
- Develop a coaching plan to use with your employees