If only managing discipline in the workplace could be as easy as using a time out chair.
When employees act out of hand, supervisors are the first line of defense against claims of improper treatment, discrimination, or even wrongful discharge. And how you handle those claims can make a substantial legal difference.
Who Should Attend
Experienced HR Generalists, employees identified for advancement, team leads
- Learn the concept of progressive discipline
- Understand how and when to apply corrective actions
- Examine the steps within the termination process that will help avoid claims of wrongful discharge and/or discrimination
- Understand the difference between Employee Relations and Labor Relations
- Understand Employment at Will doctrine
This virtual classroom learning opportunity is brought to you in conjunction with the MidAtlantic Employers Association (MEA).