This training has not been scheduled for its next public presentation. Please contact our Learning & Development team to inquire about possible dates and locations that are being evaluated at this time.
Despite the recent progress made toward equality for LGBTQ individuals, research shows that close to 50 percent of employees report hiding their sexual orientation or identity at work due to fear of hostility, discrimination and job loss.
This interactive program creates a safe space to learn and ask questions about LGBTQ basics. Review LGBTQ+-inclusive terminology and language, and engage in discussion and activities to develop a greater understanding of the experiences of LGBTQ+ individuals.
Course content also includes an overview of the federal, state, and local laws that protect employees from discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity, as well as discussion of specific HR scenarios affecting LGBTQ+ workers and effective strategies for resolution. You’ll gain greater understanding of the challenges LGBTQ+ workers face, and strategies for creating a more inclusive workplace.
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors, HR professionals and individual contributors
- Understand the difference between sexual orientation, gender identity, and other identities under the LGBTQ+ umbrella
- Describe and implement LGBTQ+-inclusive terminology and language
- Explore the challenges that may impact gender diverse and transgender people
- Understand the federal, state, and local laws that protect employees from discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity
- Develop effective strategies to address questions and issues involving LGBTQ+ workers, including restrooms, dress codes, gender transition at work