Contributed by Mark Adams
With a new year upon us come increases in some regional minimum wages that are now in effect:
- Maine | Increasing from $12.15 to $12.75 per hour;
- Massachusetts | Increasing from $13.50 to $14.25 per hour;
- New York | Increasing from $12.50 to $13.20 per hour (with Westchester, Nassau and Suffolk counties in NY rising to $15.00 per hour);
- Rhode Island | Increasing from $11.50 to $12.25 per hour;
- Vermont | Increasing from $11.75 to $12.55 per hour;
(Connecticut’s minimum wage will increase to $14.00 per hour effective July 1st while New Hampshire’s is not scheduled to increase at this time.)
Employers should ensure that the payroll practices and bulletin boards are properly adjusted and updated to reflect these changes.
As a reminder, EANE has partnered with GovDocs, a reputable and cost-effective provider of state and federal consolidated employment law posters, to offer our members a 10% discount off the regular price of employment law posters and any other products. To receive your 10% EANE Member discount, use this link when you order.
Don’t forget to use your discount code: GN-EANE