High-performance organizations depend on employees called Team Leaders, Lead Workers, or Group Leaders more than ever before. These individuals may have limited authority, but great responsibility for producing results. These leaders need to effectively communicate, influence, set goals, diagnose problems, train teammates and resolve conflicts.
The interactive LSLP certification program will prepare you to perform at a high level. Through group discussions, exercises, role-plays and action planning, you’ll learn and practice guidance skills to help your peers meet goals; gain new perspective about your own responsibilities on the team; increase your understanding of different behavioral styles you may encounter from team members; and learn tactics for giving feedback to peers in an effective way.
This series leverages the findings of a DiSC® assessment tool which participants complete before the training series begins.
Who Should Attend
Leads, group leaders, work coordinators and assistant supervisors.
- Define and understand management’s expectations
- Identify the characteristics of effective leaders
- Describe how to build credibility, trust and acceptance
- Practice key communication skills
- Identify different behavioral styles and how they affect others
- Develop an individual action plan to transfer learning back on the job
- Practice effective feedback and training techniques
- Describe what to do when conflict happens
- Practice using a technique, C.A.L.M. to manage conflict