This training has not been scheduled for its next public presentation. Please contact our Learning & Development team to inquire about possible dates and locations that are being evaluated at this time.
The HR Department of One (HRDOO) is a one-stop-shop. Solo HR professionals have to juggle numerous compliance and operational responsibilities– including recruiting, payroll, leave management, safety, benefits, and employee relations and development – which can leave them short on time to be a more strategic partner within the organization. When time and resources are limited, how does a Solo HR professional take HR to the next level?
This interactive program will help you take the leap from being tactical to strategic partners within your organization by providing critical survival skills for the HRDOO. You’ll be challenged to consider your role, and how HR aligns with your organization’s “big picture” and strategic objectives. Learn effective communications strategies, time management skills, how to tap your internal resources, and when it makes sense to automate or outsource elements of the HR function. Finally, through hands-on exercises, you will analyze your current HR practices and use your newfound knowledge to build a set of realistic best practices to apply back on the job.
Who Should Attend
Solo HR professionals in an organization, or leaders of small HR departments
- Consider how HR aligns with your organization’s “big picture” and strategic objectives
- Describe communication strategies for building effective relationships with business leaders and getting HR a seat at the table
- Learn effective time management strategies and how to tap your internal resources for support
- Describe the HR function elements that are appropriate for
- automation or outsourcing
- Develop an action plan for the application of knowledge and skills back on the job