Could you use an in-depth refresher (or introduction) to the key functions and regulatory requirements of the HR industry? In this fact-packed, multi-day program you’ll review the key functions and regulatory requirements affecting HR as well as updated content which reflects changes in CT-MA-RI employment legislation and provides critical knowledge to help reduce costs, avoid potential lawsuits and improve your ability to handle challenging HR issues.
Who Should Attend
New HR professionals, business support professionals responsible for HR administration, including office managers, payroll administrators, financial professionals, etc., plus HR generalists seeking a refresher on basic HR concepts, laws, regulations, administration and best practices.
- Learn about key employment and Discrimination laws, including ADA, FMLA, harassment and wage-and-hour
- Summarize personnel and recordkeeping requirements.
- Assess legal interviewing and selection procedures
- Discuss employee orientation and training
- Describe discipline, documentation and termination procedures
- Study the elements of a total compensation program.
- Understand OSHA requirements for a safe workplace