This course is only available as an onsite training. Please contact Pam Thornton, PHR, SHRM-CP to learn more about bringing this program to your organization.
One of the greatest challenges for leaders who are new in their roles is gaining the institutional memory of the strengths and challenges that have previously created obstacles for the team that the new leader is acquiring while trying to fully develop a plan for the team’s success. It takes time to get to know which members of the team are bringing various strengths and perceptions to the team . . . but it doesn’t have to!
This exciting program is intended to help new leaders assimilate to their new role in record time, with a full understanding of organizational expectations for the leader and their new team. Through our tried-and-true approach, we will work with organizational leadership to determine the desired performance expectations before working directly with the new leader and their team to identify perceptions, strengths and challenges.
The new leader and their team will be guided through discussions and exercises that will help them develop the blueprint for successful performance in record time.
This program is most successful when launched prior to hiring a new leader, but can be initiated any time in the first 6-months of appointing a new team leader.
Who Should Attend
Currently operating teams or departments that are (or about to be) under new leadership. This program is beneficial to teams who have promoted a new leader or brought in new leadership from outside of the organization.
- Awareness of the strengths and challenges that have previously created obstacles for the team that the new leader is acquiring
- Define optimal team roles and establish team rules
- Increase positive communication and honesty
- Opportunity to reconnect face to face post remote working over real business concerns
- Establish/Re-establish a baseline of trust between participants on the team
- Depersonalizing of conflict and relieving past tensions that get in the way of productivity and connection
- A custom-developed team vision and blueprint for success