This training has not been scheduled for its next public presentation. Please contact our Learning & Development team to inquire about possible dates and locations that are being evaluated at this time.
Providing effective performance management doesn’t just protect your organization from liability, or help you weed out problem employees – it actually helps your organization grow! Learn how a holistic approach to performance management can increase employee engagement, help employees on their path to development and assist the organization in meeting its strategic goals. Gain skills to effectively communicate expectations and goals, measure employee performance and deliver feedback through course activities and role-play.
Who Should Attend
Supervisors, managers, HR Professionals and others responsible for the supervision and performance management of employees
- Understand the importance of a holistic approach to managing employee development and performance
- Define the components of the performance management cycle
- Learn how to establish SMART goals and maintain a cycle for providing continuous feedback
- Demonstrate the ability to provide specific, job-related, behavior-based feedback through course activities and role-play
- Understand the role of performance appraisals as a component of performance management and learn tips for getting them done right
- Learn how effective performance management processes can assist in protecting the organization from legal liability
- (Massachusetts Sessions Only) Understand how effective performance management processes can assist in protecting the organization from interference and retaliation claims under the Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave law