In today’s digitally connected environment, many organizations have moved to a remote or partially remote workforce. However, not having face-time with employees presents unique management challenges. As a long-distance manager, how do you build trust with your remote employees and keep them engaged? How do you effectively communicate goals and expectations? How do you stay on top of performance and productivity problems?
In this interactive half-day program, you will learn strategies, tools, and tips for managing a remote workforce. Explore common challenges that arise from remote worker arrangements, and apply learned communication and performance management techniques to specific scenarios. Design an action plan to apply skills back on the job.
Who Should Attend
Supervisors, managers, HR Professionals and others responsible for the supervision and performance management of a remote workforce
- Understand the common challenges that arise from remote worker arrangements, as well as the legal issues and employment laws that are relevant to remote employees
- Identify essential skills for the remote workforce manager
- Learn effective communication techniques for setting goals and expectations for your remote workers, including what to include in a remote worker’s job description
- Examine strategies for keeping remote employees engaged as members of the team
- Examine best practices for tracking off-site performance and progress through discussion of specific scenarios
- Develop an action plan to apply skills back on the job