With the advent and use of new and different forms of technology, writing for business is a skill that is even more in demand than ever before. This class provides participants with an opportunity to develop essential business writing skills including determining a clear purpose, assessing the audience to determine their needs, and adapting material for a variety of projects from everyday emails to reports and proposals. This practical workshop will show managers, supervisors, and professionals at all levels how to produce business documents that get read and get results. The format includes class exercises, group discussion and individual guidance.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who communicates frequently in writing.
- Practice applying the writing process to complete emails, memos, and other common types of writing for business
- Define audience and purpose prior to starting a writing project
- Identify how to write clearly, concisely, effectively and use the appropriate tone
- Analyze examples of business writing and recognize why the writing is or is not effective
- Explain tips and techniques for managing email
EANE MEMBERS | $180 Per person
FUTURE MEMBERS | $225 Per person
Register 3 or more participants at the same time for the same class and save 10%