Mastery of skills does not often translate into the ability to transfer that skill to another individual. Yet, the ability to train and to learn effectively is not just a “nice to have” skill. It is imperative for organizational growth in efficiency and effectiveness. This is an intensive program which examines the process to understand the learner, use a step-by-step training model, and avoid the common pitfalls of knowing something “too well.” Each participant conducts a mini-training session on a job-related task in the actual work environment (where possible.) A follow-up critique will assess their skill level as a trainer and provide feedback on areas for improvement.
Who Should Attend
Individuals responsible for training others on-the-job.
- Understanding the role of a trainer
- Understand the natural learning curve for all trainees
- Learn the value and methods to identify baseline knowledge, skills, and attitude of a new learner
- Examine a five-step training model
- Conduct a mini-training session on a job-related task using a four-step systematic training process
- Receive a comprehensive critique of your training techniques