This program educates the people who have the greatest opportunity to prevent discrimination and harassment in the workplace.
Supervisors and Managers have a unique responsibility for ensuring an organization’s legal compliance. Because they directly engage with employees on a day-to-day basis, they’re often the “eyes and ears” of the organization. This places them on the front line in mitigating legal risk.
This course identifies concepts of employment-at-will, hostile work environment, and reasonable accommodation. You will gain exposure to major federal and state employment laws such as the ADA Amendments Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, Wage and Hour laws and state sick leave requirements. Learn how to recognize situations that may pose legal risk, how to supervise employees within legal boundaries, when to get HR involved and how to respond appropriately when legal issues arise.
Who Should Attend
Front-line supervisors, managers and professionals in any industry
- Develop a general understanding of the current legal environment governing the workplace
- Identify employee relations and union concerns
- Gain a deeper understanding of ADAAA, FMLA, and Wage & Hour Laws
- Identify harassing and discriminatory behaviors and how to utilize related company policies to prevent them
- Understand the potential liability you have for yourself and for the company as a supervisor and your role in resolving workplace issues
- Develop strategies and action plans for applying skills and strategies back to the job
EANE MEMBERS | $312 Per person
FUTURE MEMBERS | $390 Per person
Register 3 or more participants at the same time for the same class and save 10%