Having a consistent and well-developed disciplinary process is a key component in improving employee performance, managing performance deficiencies and protecting your organization’s legal liability.
In this interactive, half-day program, you’ll learn the importance of consistent disciplinary and documentation processes in mitigating legal risk, the pros and cons of progressive discipline, how the disciplinary process can assist in holding employees accountable and reinforcing good behaviors. Learn the “who, what, when, and how” of effective performance documentation, including a simple formula to get documentation right.
Through exercises and role play, you’ll get to engage with the material and practice these new documentation skills on real-world scenarios.
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors and team leaders who are involved in the performance management and discipline process
- Understand the necessity of appropriate documentation in supporting the organization’s policies and protecting the organization from legal claims
- Learn how to develop and execute effective disciplinary processes
- Understand the pros and cons of progressive discipline
- Learn the information to include in all documentation
- Engage in the practical application of learned documentation skills through course exercises and role play
- Understand how documentation can be used to reinforce good behaviors
- (Massachusetts Sessions Only) Understand how appropriate disciplinary and documentation procedures can assist in protecting the organization from interference and retaliation claims under the Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave law